About the SnT...
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
We're looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place!
With this position we are looking for a passionate Postdoc on Large Language Models or NLP to interact with Luxemburgish industry leaders to accelerate their digital transformation though the use of LLMs. The candidate will do cutting-edge research and provide guidance to PhD students.
Successful candidates will join the young, vibrant, and interdisciplinary FINATRAX Research Group, which builds bridges between business research and information systems engineering. The group's work is organised around four emerging technologies (Digital Identities, Machine Learning, Blockchain (DLT), and the Internet-of-Things) and three focus industries (Financial Services, Public Sector, Energy). The group consists of doctoral and post-doctoral researchers from diverse backgrounds, including business, technology, and policy. They are united in pursuit of sustainable technologies that have a positive impact on society.
The candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Carry out research in fields of interest to the Research Group, such as:
- Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Large Language Models
- Software Engineering
- Provide guidance to PhD students.
- Disseminate results through scientific publications in outlets on the intersection between Information Systems and Computer Science
- Prepare research proposals to attract industry partnerships as well as national and European grant projects
- Manage research projects and prepare project deliverables
- Provide guidance to Master students and PhD students that submit work to conferences or journals
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems (Engineering), Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience in publishing high-quality research, as demonstrated by research under review or published in 1stquartile conferences and journals (according to Scopus)
- Experience in research supervision
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and/or computational research methods, e.g., performance analyses of novel or existing tools and algorithms
- Proficiency in one of the major programming languages like Python and libraries such as Pytorch or Tensorflow
- A collaborative team player with a desire to make a personal impact within our interdisciplinary research group
- The commitment to participate in the design, implementation, and theoretical elaboration of high-quality solutions that solve significant problems
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required
Here's what awaits you at SnT...
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT's two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 55 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
How to apply...
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae including list of publications
- Cover letter including a
- research statement and a list of topics of particular interest to the candidate
- strategy for the acquisition of research grants and industry partnerships
- A publication in full-text, authored by the candidate
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by Email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.