MANPOWER Luxembourg SA recruits for one of its clients:
Experienced Economic Press Officer / Speechwriter (ENG/GER)
- Write speeches in English and German for an EU Institution Managing Director and senior representatives on macroeconomic and European policy issues;
- Co-manage blog: take responsibility for the blog posts together with the authors from inception through to publication, including commissioning, vetting, drafting, and editing the blogs and related visuals.
- Coordinate internal work streams relevant to speechwriting and the blog
- Accompany senior representatives to speaking engagements and deal with press contacts while there (assuming Covid-19 related travel restrictions allow)
- Draft and edit various texts and articles related to macroeconomic and European policy
- Follow closely trends in economics and policy, on EU/euro area issues and in EU institutions and share them internally.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Native speaker level in written and spoken English and German, full proficiency in economic terminology in both languages. Fluency in other languages is an asset.
- Work experience in the communication/press department of an EU institution, a central bank, or a supervisory authority or as a journalist covering economic and financial issues would be an asset
- Proven interest in macroeconomic and European policy issues
- Sustained work experience involving/dealing with European economic and/or policy issues would be an asset
- Demonstrated skills in speechwriting and drafting of op-eds, blog posts, and other texts in clear, compelling, and understandable manner
Contract duration: 9 months
Interested in joining a company that assists you in your personal development? If so, it's your chance! Apply now!