ING Luxembourg is looking for:
Chief Data Officer (m/f)
The Chief Data Officer (m/f), will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and other senior business and technology stakeholders to define and implement the data strategy.
The CDO will be heading the Data Management & Support Function tribe. He will report to the COO.
As our new Chief Data Officer, your will be:
- Leading the ING CDO functional team;
- Designing and driving the ING data management strategy (governance, definitions, policies & processes, quality, organizational structure, architecture, privacy, security, sustained awareness, etc.), in line with the ING Group data strategy;
- Collaborating closely with the central CDO organization within ING Group;
- Supporting the local organization in growing expertise and delivering resources to execute the strategy in all parts (including Data Business Enablement, Data Governance, Quality, Availability and Transparency, Data Protection and Ethics);
- Developing a migration and benefits roadmap aligned with moving from the As-is to the To-be landscape with clear moments of truth and benefit on an incremental basis;
- Safeguarding the overall data and its quality (trusted data – complete, accurate, consistent, and appropriate);
- Leading and fostering a culture that values, protects and uses the data assets;
- Managing the risk regarding data creation, usage and retention for the reputation of ING;
- Providing appropriate support for all officers involved in the data management function.
Competencies / Behaviour:
- Collaboration and facilitation skills;
- Data Architecture skills, particularly of the elements that make up the data lifecycle;
- Knowledge of Policy formation, Customer Analytics, Business intelligence, Projects & Program management;
- Business acumen;
- Analytical (quantitative/ qualitative) approach and mind-set;
- Ability to deal well with complexity and new content in a very broad range of situations;
- Emotional resilience and confidence: adapts easily to new environments; remains calm, and continues to perform under pressure; talks openly and honestly; gives and acts on constructive feedback;
- Result and strategic orientation;
- Collaboration and influencing skills;
- Team management.
- Proven experience of managing a team;
- Strong background and proven track record in data management;
- Data Governance, Data Privacy and Data Quality expertise and knowledge;
- Experience in managing data warehouses, MDM, BI and associated data elements.
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- Knowledge of French will be considered an asset.
Your working environment
With over 900 employees in the Grand Duchy and thanks to the combination of our local presence and the strength of a robust multinational like ING, we offer our personal and business customers a wide range of solutions through the channel of their choice.
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Operating in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1960 as a universal and accessible bank, our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages for retail and private banking customers, whom we sever serve online and through our network of branches. For our Wholesale Banking clients, we provide lending, sustainable finance, payment & cash management and fund services.