Senior Equity Portfolio Manager (M/F)
Published on 29/11/2023
Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL)
- Luxemburg, Luxemburg (Canton)
Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg's finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
Your next challenge:
- The Group Investment Office within the Financial Markets business line is responsible for BIL Group's investment strategy and its implementation. The Equity team within Investment Strategy develops the equity strategy, proposes equity investments to portfolio managers and investment advisors and manages the BIL Invest European Equities fund.
We are currently looking for a Senior Equity Portfolio Manager (M/F).
- The Senior Equity Portfolio Manager participate to the definition of the bank's investment strategy. Providing inputs to BIL's Asset Allocation Committee, she/he is providing key top-down and bottom-up inputs to define respective portfolios positioning. She/He will analyze and propose equity investments as well as identifying interesting theme and market's trends. She/he will co-manage the BIL Invest European Equity fund delivering competitive return. The Senior Equity Portfolio Manager will ensure a proactive communication toward colleagues regarding equity investment strategy and fund's performance.
- Contribute to the definition of the equity strategy supporting top down view
- Equity analysis of specific sectors and companies within these sectors with the objective to invest and to derive recommendations to advisors and portfolio managers
- Co-management of a UCITS Equity fund on the back of your analysis
- Ensure the specific client communication on fund performance and investment strategy by using our proprietary communication tools
- Provide support to BIL private bankers in their efforts to gain new private clients mandates.
- Bachelor / Master: BAC +5, with minimum 5 years of experience in equity analysis or portfolio management with a focus on equities,
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets both from a top-down as well as bottom-up point of view.
- Efficient in office tools with an emphasis on Excel, Powerpoint, (Visual Basic are a plus) and working knowledge of financial data providers (Bloomberg, Factset)
- An understanding of various financial statistics software is appreciated.
- Languages: Fluent in English both orally and in writing, French is considered as a plus.
- Proactive, strong team spirit
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Assertive, flexible and openness to change
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths .We will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the Bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.