Senior Application Software Engineer (Technologies Expert) - (M/F)
Published on 04/03/2023
Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL)
Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
The Transversal Capabilities team at Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is responsible, amongst others, to design and implement the transversal building blocks, frameworks and application integration of BIL’s information system architecture. Furthermore, the team is in charge to define and POC the technical architectures meeting the specifications and expectations of Enterprise Architects and provide daily support to developers to help them reach their objectives.
As a team member, the candidate will contribute to the elaboration and evolution of solutions, design, code, develop and test the new or existing building blocks and participate in the definitions of the overall technical architecture. He/she will also maintain existing software and provide a third line production support for these applications.
- Craft the evolution of the transversal components and associated tools (e.g. Keycloak, IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM WebSphere MQ, IBM Integration BUS, IBM Event BUS, Microservices, Kafka, Redis nosql database, Jenkins, Nexus, Git, SonarQube……)
- Technical Design of the transversal middleware components of BIL’s Information System Architecture and Development Architecture
- Participate in the definition of the technical architecture in the bank’s projects.
- Develop and maintain internal libraries and frameworks
- Provide technical support and expertise on underlying components, on qualified frameworks and tools to BIL’s development teams and communicate on their usage (documentation, exhibitions, training).
- Ensure third line production support in case of incidents
- Validate and critically assess solutions provided by external partners.
- Address security issues and concerns.
- Consider performance aspects during design and implement an organized performance testing strategy.
- Technology watch and scanning.
All this in the context of a profound change of BIL’s Information system.
- Master’s degree in computer science. A bachelor’s degree with the corresponding experience is also accepted.
- You have a 8+ years of ‘technology’ background. An experience in a similar professional domain is considered as a strong added value.
- You demonstrate creativity and initiative while respecting teamwork and common objectives.
- You are expected to promptly address urgent request and you are effective in delivering within the agreed deadlines.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and French.
- Expertise in designing transversal components and technical architectures.
- Expertise in Java and friends and excellent general knowledge of libraries and frameworks covering these technologies.
- High knowledge of architectural design
- Knowledge of Middleware products: OpenShift, Kafka, nosql databases (Redis), Elastic Search (ELK), IBM WebSphere Application Families …
- Shell Scripting experience (including scripting with Groovy and Shell).
- Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, Ansible, XL Release, XL Deploy…
- Giving support (support to development teams)
- Databases: Oracle, Postgres and other databases…
- Experience with container technologies like OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge in front end development is a plus
- Experience using cloud provider (AWS, …) is a plus
- Strong writing documentation skills
- You are fluent in written and spoken French and English.
- Intellectual thoroughness and likes to get things right
- Passion for developing outstanding solutions
- Sense of initiative
- Capacity to adapt to challenges
- Strong analytical and summarizing skills
- Ease of contact and team spirit
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.