Published on 07/09/2022
The CTPS-Content Management (CCM) team develops high-quality, user-centered content for the companies and individuals who sell goods and services through the Amazon selling platform. Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where people can buy virtually anything online. Amazon sellers play a key role by greatly expanding the selection available to shoppers.
As a technical writer on our Content Management team, you will be engaged in new country launches and language expansions programs. You will follow our style guides to create clear and concise information to help Amazon sellers succeed in the new stores. You will collaborate with fellow writers and internal business partners (such as program managers, UI designers, and software development engineers) to develop strategy and content. You will participate in content management efforts, process development, and quality governance in support of team success, while also working independently on multiple projects.
With new programs, products, and strategies being developed and launched all the time, the opportunities for imaginative and innovative thinking and content strategy are endless.
This position will be located in Luxembourg (Virtual).
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- Proven experience of project management, content development and management, especially for new country launch and language expansions programs.
- Expertise in conditionalization and single-sourcing of source code.
- Ability to be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment.
- Prior exposure to working in a content scrum model while effectively prioritizing multiple launch programs.
- Ability to interact with different business groups and scope documentation assignments.
- Precise documentation and clear communication skills.
- Fluency in written US English.
- Affinity for technology and a proven experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Working knowledge of DITA with strong HTML/XML skills and an ability to troubleshoot to unblock launches.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, linguistics, or related field (Master's degree preferred)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a technical writer, editor, or content strategist, with a focus on software or workflow applications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience managing content projects, including coordinating with other teams
- 2-4 years’ experience with a markup language such as HTML or XML
- Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with a strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience in content review and localization
- Experience reviewing content as per US English
- Working knowledge of Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA)
- Experience working with product and UI designers and writing UI text
- Experience working as part of a global team supporting multiple languages
- Experience creating content for translation and localization
- Experience with content management systems and SEO
- Experience working in an Agile content development environment
- Experience in editorial/peer review
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.