MASTER THESIS in R&D: IDENTIFICATION OF OBSOLETE COMPONENTS OF THEATRE CONTROL USING "DIGITAL TWINS" TECHNOLOGY
Waagner-Biro Luxembourg Stage Systems S.A. is part of the Waagner-Biro Stage Systems Group, one of the world's largest suppliers of stage technology, with headquarters in Austria. As one of the global market leaders, the company develops and installs stage technology systems for opera houses, theatres, music halls, multi-purpose halls, and cruise ships. The main focus at the Luxembourg location in Rodange is developing the safety-related control system for the stage machinery "Computer-Aided Theatre" (C.A.T), which uses state-of-the-art technology to control the upper- and lower stage machinery in more than 170 venues worldwide.
In the process of your Master Thesis, you will design and implement a software solution to identify obsolete equipment with the "Digital Twins" technology in the theatre control system:
- Identify the input parameters for obsolescence detection of Waagner-Biro installed equipment.
- Create a monitoring mechanism to detect obsolete equipment through changes in the input parameters.
- Analyse and validate results through functional tests and visual inspections
- Master/Bachelor-Student (m/w/x) in mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering
- Previous knowledge in drive and control engineering is desirable
- Programming skills are mandatory
- Systematic and independent working methods are required, initiative, ability to work in a team and independently
- Fluent in English mandatory
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIG!
A Traineeship with Waagner-Biro Luxembourg Stage Systems delivers chances and challenges alike. Working in an internationally renowned company is not only exciting, but it also represents enrichment in personal and professional development.