EXPERIENCED LABORATORY TECHNICIAN IN NEXT GENERATION SEQUENCING (NGS) (M/F) – REF° 359
The Laboratoire national de santé is recruiting a Laboratory Technician with experience in molecular microbiology(M/F) for a full time position (40h/week) with a with a 1 year temporary contract (CDD) for the department of Microbiology
About the Laboratoire national de santé (LNS)
The “Laboratoire national de santé” (LNS) is a public institution under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg. LNS is organized as a multidisciplinary institute and supported by a professional services team, the LNS includes four scientific departments in the fields of medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine, and health protection, in addition to hosting the National Center of Pathology and the National Center of Genetics. The LNS is based at Dudelange, with state of the art, modern infrastructure in line with recent developments in medical sciences. Its objective is to develop scientific and analytical expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis, and monitoring of human diseases. Its ultimate mission is to serve patients and citizens and offer excellence in health care.
The Department of Microbiology offers reference laboratory activities in partnership with various other public and private laboratories in the country. The department is nominated as National Reference Laboratory for Acute Respiratory Infections. At the same time, it works closely together with the Ministry of Health and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) on epidemiological matters, as well as the National Service for Infectious Diseases as far as diagnostics is concerned.
As Laboratory technician, you will:
- Be working within the microbial genomics unit
- Insure reception of samples for Sequencing
- Perform analytical laboratory work for NGS
- Participate in the optimization of existing methods and the development of new methods under the supervision of the clinical scientist.
- Validate the developed methods according to the quality system
- Participate in the daily maintenances and troubleshooting of the analytical instruments
- Take part in daily quality control activities (document management, procedure writing, calibration, metrology, etc.)
- Be involved in the management of consumables stock and purchasing
The above list is not exhaustive and further tasks could be added according to the needs of the department.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate a high level of technical skill and intellectual rigor and be able to cope with multiple and changing demands in a fast paced and unpredictable environment.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (BAC +3) with strong experience in molecular biology
- Knowledge of other analytical techniques is considered as an asset
- Ability to prepare samples to run on PCR and qPCR equipment Upkeep of equipment and records
- Knowledge of the standard ISO 15189
- Fluency in French and/or English is required. German and/or Luxembourgish will be considered as an asset
OTHER JOB RELATED SKILLS
- Experience in next generation sequencing
- Strong organizational skills and structured way of working
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Ability to act with rigor and thoroughness
- Good communication skills
- Sense of responsibility, organization and confidentiality
- Motivation and ability to take decisions and initiatives
If you meet the above profile requirements and wish to apply, please send your application (CV, letter of intent and copies of your degrees) by clicking on the application button below.
Applications will be processed in order of arrival. The utmost confidentiality will be granted to each application.