Safe Business Officer (1st Line Non-Financial Risk Officer)- Fraud Risk - CDI
Are you looking for…
An exciting and polyvalent risk function in the business with focus on Fraud Risk?
Your role & work environment
You will be part of the Safe Business Office team, a highly dynamic & demanding environment, requiring a multi-disciplinary approach on the organization. The department mission is to enable the business to keep the non-financial risks in control and contribute to the integrity of ING products, services and employees and compliance of ING towards the outside world.
You will be the trusted safe business advisor. Together with the team you will foster “Safe Business” awareness to ensure that risks are under control (with focus on Fraud Risk)
You will guide the business in managing proactively the risk process from identification to mitigation. You will help the business keeping the number of non-financial risk items within the defined limits.
Your key responsibilities
As a Safe Business Officer Fraud Risk you will focus 50 % of your time on Fraud Risk Related Activities and 50 % on other key non-financial risk related activities. The following key activities,
· Help the Risk Owners to design and implement customer- and employee journeys that are in line with the anti-fraud policy. You will engage in risk assessments to identify any risks and will be responsible to implement the necessary mitigations in order to reduce these risks;
· You are monitoring fraud trends based on internal and external reports, and assess how these trends might impact our risk appetite;
· You will be involved in defining, aligning and implementing policies related to fraud & cybersecurity, both in strategical and operational area’s;
· You will be sharing your knowledge with colleagues in various areas of the bank. This can be in the form of fraud awareness presentation to a large group, or to small groups on specific risks & mitigations that are relative to them;
· In case of fraud incidents with (potential) high impact, you are able to take a leading role to oversee and coordinate activities that might happen in multiple teams;
· Lead the change and simplification initiatives of our key non-financial risk processes & methodologies with a focus on Fraud Risk;
· Bring efficiency and effectiveness in our non-financial risk processes;
· Enable the risk owner to be in control of some non-financial risk transversal thematics (e.g.: PARP, risk assessments, issue & event management, Key control testing) by implementing all necessary measures and controls described in the related NFR frameworks;
· Maintain the oversight of the Risk Control Frameworks and Policies and ensure the organization is taking adequate actions to remains & safe & compliant bank;
· Provide guidance to ad-hoc requests from stakeholders across the organization.
To make this happen, your key skills to deploy are the following:
· When new situations call for a new approach, you adapt quickly and enthusiastically and help your colleagues to adapt and embrace the change;
· You take the lead in building and strengthening both formal and informal relationships to be a trusted advisor of internal and external stakeholders;
· Your colleagues are your allies. You respect their expertise and make time to understand their thinking. Together, you contribute to individual and common goals to celebrate wins as a team;
· You leverage on your knowledge and skills to look for possibilities and you take initiatives to make things better. You take responsibility for your actions. You support the others to excel;
· You look for possibilities in your day-to-day job and are a sparring partner for others. You challenge old ways, think strategically and persevere in the face of complexity;
· You contribute to transversal projects impacting the Safe Business Office Team.
We are looking for
· Master level or equivalent by experience;
· Experience of minimum 5 years in the financial services industry, preferably within a risk or control area (e.g. compliance, internal audit, risk function) or program management;
· Experience in fighting fraud, analysing fraud trends and deciding on relevant mitigating actions is welcomed;
· Security related accreditations such as CFE is welcomed;
· Fluency in English (oral and written);
· Knowledge of French is an asset;
· Be solution driven: Positive attitude, open for change and ability to ask for help and co-create solution in front of complex problems;
· Ability to cope with uncertainty and ability to take a helicopter view;
· Good stakeholder management, including management of your scope;
· Good analytical & organization skills;
· Combining teamwork with individual performance.
Within the Safe Business Office, we have a clear purpose and a unique offer:
· We offer diverse work with many opportunities to realise your ambitions;
· We foster the orange behaviour “help others to be successful”; we create an informal and dynamic environment;
· We encourage personal growth and give you the possibility to develop your skills; we build a knowledge sharing culture and ensure to strengthen the expertise of the team;
· We catalyse our people’s talents and help them shine.
Your working environment at ING
With over 900 employees in the Grand Duchy and thanks to the combination of our local presence and the strength of a robust multinational like ING, we offer our personal and business customers a wide range of solutions through the channel of their choice. ING is a global bank with a strong European base. 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Operating in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1960 as a universal and accessible bank, our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages for retail and private banking customers, whom we sever serve online and through our network of branches. For our Wholesale Banking clients, we provide lending, sustainable finance, payment & cash management and fund services.