Safe Business Officer
Published on 29/05/2023
Safe Business Officer (1st Line Non-Financial Risk Officer) - CDI
Are you looking for…
An exciting and polyvalent risk function in the business?
Your role & work environment
You will be part of the Safe Business Office team, a highly dynamic & demanding environment, requiring a multi-disciplinary approach & helicopter view on the organization. The department mission is to enable the business to keep the non-financial risks in control and contribute to the integrity of ING products, services and employees and compliance of ING towards the outside world.
You will guide the business in managing proactively the risk process from identification to mitigation. You will help the business keeping the number of non-financial risk items within the defined limits.
Your key responsibilities
As a Safe Business Officer you will:
• Support the change and simplification initiatives of our key non-financial risk processes & methodologies;
• Bring efficiency and effectiveness in our non-financial risk processes;
• Continuously, consistently, and timely identify and report on current and future risks by performing key controls testing (Test of Design & Test of operating Effectiveness) per each Product Control Framework or Minimum Standard;
• report the testing/assessment results and assist the management in identifying and implementing adequate controls in each tested area;
• interact with group specialists, second line of defence functions (ORM, Compliance, Legal) and auditors related to specific tested controls;
• Continuously maintain and foster operational risk awareness within the organisation.
To make this happen, your key skills to deploy are the following:
• You are a person that treasures integrity, takes initiatives and delivers to commitment;
• You show assertiveness when you challenge and propose improvements;
• Your colleagues are your allies. You respect their expertise and make time to understand their thinking. Together, you contribute to individual and common goals to celebrate wins as a team;
• You combine good analytical, coordination & organization skills and flexibility.
We are looking for
• Master level or equivalent by experience;
• Experience of minimum 3 years in the financial services industry, preferably within a risk or control area (e.g. compliance, internal audit, risk function) or program management;
• Fluency in English (oral and written);
• Knowledge of French is an asset;
• Good knowledge of banking (product &/or segments) & non-financial and regulatory risks;
Within the Safe Business Office we have a clear purpose and a unique offer:
• We offer diverse work with many opportunities to realise your ambitions;
• We foster the orange behaviour “help others to be successful”; we create an informal and dynamic environment;
• We encourage personal growth and give you the possibility to develop your skills; we build a knowledge sharing culture and ensure to strengthen the expertise of the team;
• We catalyse our people’s talents and help them shine.
Your working environment at ING
With over 900 employees in the Grand Duchy and thanks to the combination of our local presence and the strength of a robust multinational like ING, we offer our personal and business customers a wide range of solutions through the channel of their choice. ING is a global bank with a strong European base. 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Operating in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1960 as a universal and accessible bank, our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages for retail and private banking customers, whom we sever serve online and through our network of branches. For our Wholesale Banking clients, we provide lending, sustainable finance, payment & cash management and fund services.