LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (M/F)
Type of contract: Full-time and undetermined duration contract (CDI)
The “Laboratoire national de santé” (Public Establishment) is recruiting a Laboratory Technician (m/f) on a full-time basis. We propose different full-time or part-time positions, on fixed-term or permanent contracts in the Pathological Anatomy service at the National Center of Pathology.
About the Laboratoire national de santé
The « Laboratoire national de santé » (LNS) is a public institution under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg. As a multidisciplinary institute, the LNS consists of four scientific departments in the fields of medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection. In addition, the LNS is also hosting the National Center of Pathology and the National Center of Genetics.
The mission of the LNS is to develop analytical and scientific expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases and to ensure the role of a national control or reference laboratory as well as to carry out forensic tasks. The institution also contributes to the development, harmonization and promotion of technical laboratory methods in close collaboration with local and international analytical laboratories. Within the scope of its responsibilities, the LNS is also leading research and teaching activities in collaboration with partners in Luxembourg and abroad.
With its modern infrastructure in line with the recent evolution of medical and analytical sciences, the LNS is an ambitious laboratory with innovative projects that increase its expertise in public health.
Reporting to the Head of Department and the head of Service, in an international and multicultural environment, you will be responsible for :
- Receiving, recording and processing histological and cytological samples
- Encoding samples
- Performing and controlling the quality of routine techniques (e.g. macroscopy, inclusion, microtomy,molecular pathology)
- Managing and archiving histological blocks and plates
- Participation in accreditation
- Minimum BTS – BAC+3.
- Authorization to work as a “laborantin” / “ ATM de laboratoire” in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is essential.
- Good knowledge of various general laboratory techniques
- At least 1 year experience in an analysis laboratory
- Proficiency inf English and French. Knowledge of one of the following languages is considered as an advantage: German and Luxembourgish.
- Sense of organization, responsibility and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Awareness of health and safety rules and adherence to laboratory procedures
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are ready to make a real difference in healthcare, please submit your application by sending us your resume and ideally a cover letter detailing your relevant experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Laboratory Technician position at the LNS. However, kindly be advised that only candidates chosen for an interview will receive further communication.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate will be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, copies of diplomas and certificates of employment. An official criminal record (bulletin no.3) will also be required for consultation purpose.