Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg offering the chance to work in a legal environment marked by excellence. The firm’s international team of more than 380 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Hong Kong, London, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end-to-end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation, and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg.
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
To work from our office in Kirchberg we are recruiting a:
(Senior) Paralegal Officer (Corporate and/or Funds industry)
In the paralegal department at Arendt & Mederenach you will have the opportunity to work in a legal environment marked by excellence. You will work on diverse and interesting files alongside lawyers and benefit from the same training center offered to them. Additionally, our specialized software helps to automize the more tedious work to allow our team to focus other matters.
- Handle the day-to-day requests of Arendt’s clients on the preparation and submission of legal documentation in relation to regulated and unregulated investment funds (such as the fund formation, the change of managers/directors, amendments to prospectus and/or articles of association, liquidation/dissolution, etc.) or domestic and multinational companies under the supervision of a Paralegal Supervisor
- Delegate work to the more junior paralegals, supervise and support them in their development
- Work on a variety of interesting cases without focusing on transactional work
- Draft standard legal documents (board minutes, incorporation deeds, resolutions, agreements, CSSF letters) and keep logs of all of them
- Prepare and attend board and general meetings and take minutes
- Maintain statutory registers
- Liaise daily with prestigious clientele, notaries, lawyers (both internally and externally) and authorities (the CSSF particularly)
- Work closely with our corporate lawyers on transactional matters
- You have a bachelor’s degree in law or an equivalent university degree
- You have a 2-5 years of experience in Luxembourg in a similar position in a law firm, investment firm, or a corporate service provider
- You have a perfect command of French and English; German being considered as an asset
- You are highly organized, rigorous, and understand the importance of deadlines
- You are proactive, eager to learn, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You have a perfect command of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- You may or may not be admitted to the bar, working here allows you to maintain your bar registration
- A good work-life balance and flexibility in terms of hours and working from home
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to teamwork
- A challenging role within a renowned organization
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists
- Internal trainings and career development
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.