Legal Officer - Luxembourg
For our office in Luxembourg, we are currently looking for a Legal Officer. We offer a dynamic and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
As a member of the team supporting Company Secretary services to clients, you are joining a vital professional services function for our clients in which you can advance your career within the funds industry, diversify your relationship management skill set, and build expertise in corporate secretarial functions supporting private equity, private debt and real estate corporate entities. You will act as a main liaison and point of contact for all company secretarial functions.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Collaborating across the fund teams on the setup and or on-boarding of client structures, and administering complex international structures;
- Interaction with clients, board members, third party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants and tax advisors both in person and via written or telephone communication;
- Preparing documents for various company secretarial transactions (e.g. incorporation, share allotment, calls, capital reduction, change of directors, strike off, amendment of articles of association, power of attorney etc.) and arranging execution and necessary filings;
- Preparing for and attend board and shareholders' meetings, recording, drafting and circulating minutes and actions arising from meetings;
- Assisting with the preparation, collation and ongoing monitoring of Know Your Customer / Client Due Diligence and promoter / corporate files;
- Maintenance of statutory records for entities and monitoring annual statutory filings;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking the appropriate action; and
- Management of the day-to-day company secretarial operations of the entities.
- Supporting team on client engagement and transactions
- Relevant professional qualification or be working towards one would be an asset but not a requirement;
- One year or more of company secretarial experience a plus;
- Prior Diligent Board experience would be a plus;
- Enthusiastic attitude, drive and willingness to learn;
- Ability to build strong client relationships and to take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate;
- Organised with an eye for detail Possess a flexible and hands-on approach;
- Demonstrated experience with ability to prioritise and handle multiple projects simultaneously is essential;
- Demonstrated communication skills and you are able to deal with people at all levels.