Global Logistics Demand Planning Manager (m/f)
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future.
We are optimistic about how technology and connectivity can enhance the future and improve people’s lives. We’re always innovating, experimenting, learning, and improving.
Vodafone is a leader in technology communications through mobile, fixed, broadband and TV. We have extensive experience in connectivity, convergence and the Internet of Things, as well as championing mobile financial services and digital transformation in emerging markets.
We connect over 334 million people, and organisations of all sizes, to the digital society.
We are restless and passionate about creating a better future for all. We are always open to new things, and curious to create solutions that our customers will love. We are constantly learning to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards and to deliver on our strategy. Our ambition is to improve 1 billion lives and half our environmental impact by 2025. It’s up to each of us to make this happen. Ready?
Vodafone Procurement Company (VPC)
The Vodafone Procurement Company (VPC) in Luxembourg is part of Vodafone Group and drive our aspiration to connect for a better future. We purchase products and services from across the globe to help run our business at its very best. We support our people to deliver on our strategy and be a brand loved by our customers, communities, co-partners and colleagues. We give and take ownership to make the most of our many talents and we are always learning to grow ourselves and our business. We get it done, together.
Aspiring to be a brand our customers love, we think big, take risks and are always curious to learn. Are you?
Demand and Supply planning in a new digital capability enhancement which will be built upon existing Network Stock Solution (NSS) - a flagship program of Logistics digitisation in Vodafone. Vodafone decided to adopt SAP IBP on cloud which will be integrated with Vodafone SAP ERP system. Demand and Supply planning is designed to support Vodafone processes and controls around Procurement, Inventory & Asset management and highly integrated with financial books of accounts.
The Global Logistics Demand Planning Manager manages the activities within the Global Logistics function, to include but not limited to – IBP Demand and Supply Planning Roadmap, Process Improvements and Sustenance, Develop new capabilities and
functionalities and Support Implementation of IBP across Markets and business functionsto drive more value for the business.
- Design and implement IBP Demand Planning functionalities, drive governance and continuous improvement opportunities in IBP Demand Planning, through a solid understanding of the environment and working alongside stakeholders within SCM, the business and external partners
- Use functional knowledge for reviewing Market Demands and ensure standardisation in IBP Demand Planning process adoption across the markets and improve IBP Demand Planning performances of markets by extending useful functionalities across markets
- Work closely with internal IT teams, Process governance teams, cross functional teams and Solution Implementation (SI) partners to use appropriate tools and functionalities useful to minimise operational complexities and support markets for quicker adoption
- Support overall IBP Demand Planning Program for major Projects implementation, Drive Synergies by combining markets needs and shape standards and rules for IBP Demand Planning Operations
- Help to identify process improvement and optimization opportunities, managing available Budget and resources and ensuring alignment with SCM processes to deliver value
- Track value associated with deployed initiatives and provides insight to senior management
It would be nice if you have…
- Excellent communication skills to ensure a transparent representation of the results, processes and procedures
- Good management skills and preferably experience in managing remote and virtual teams in a complex and changing/dynamic operating environment
- Ability to deconstruct and analyse processes, producing effective outcomes via the creation of and use of visual representation of captured data
- Knowledge of SAP modules (specially MM, EWM, PM, TM etc) essential to design the processesin IBP Demand and Supply Planning for effective logistics system and leverage standard SAP functionalities to build new functionalities in line with Logistics Operating Model
- Ability to challenge the existing systems and processes by using tangible reference points to propose / implement efficiency opportunities to drive simplicity, speed and improved user experience
- Knowledge of principles and methods of Logistics including Warehouse and Inventory Management including forecasting, Ordering, Distribution, pricing, inventory costs and organizing all aspects of inventory
- Knowledge of network deployment processes within the Telecommunications Industry
You must have…
- Master/MBA degree or equivalent in Business, Supply Chain, Finance and Accounting, Business Administration, Economics
- A minimum of three years’ experience in demand planning or forecasting
- A hands-on knowledge on SAP IBP or similar SAP Demand and Supply Planning Tools implementation
- Strong cooperation, coordination, communication and presentation skills
- Analytical-minded, hardworking, innovative, adaptable, team player
What’s in it for you?
- Working on exciting high profile projects
- Further your career within a multinational company
- Develop strong negotiation and communication skills
- The ability to lead, develop and motivate a complex virtual team, and ensure the successful delivery of financial targets
- 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus 11 public holidays
- Flexible working
- State pension matching scheme of up to 8%
- 5 paid days leave for charity projects
- Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning
- Voluntary AXA Health Insurance
- Voluntary AXA Pension Scheme
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences -we are not only multinational but multicultural too.