Category Specialist Customer Operations (m/f)
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. At Vodafone Group, we partner with our local markets to drive consistency and earn customer loyalty across 20 countries for over 600 million customers. We are restless and passionate about creating a better future for all. We are always open to new things, and curious to create solutions that our customers will love. We are constantly learning to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards and to deliver on our strategy. Our ambition is to improve 1 billion lives and half our environmental impact by 2025. It’s up to each of us to make this happen. Ready?
The Vodafone Procurement Company (VPC) in Luxembourg is part of Vodafone Group and drive our aspiration to connect for a better future. We purchase products and services from across the globe to help run our business at its very best. We support our people to deliver on our strategy and be a brand loved by our customers, communities, co-partners and colleagues. We give and take ownership to make the most of our many talents and we are always learning to grow ourselves and our business. We get it done, together. Aspiring to be a brand our customers love, we think big, take risks and are always curious to learn. Are you?
As a Category Specialist Customer Operations with Vodafone Procurement Company (VPC) you will implement the strategy for the global procurement of the Customer Operations and contact centre area. An exciting and fast changing area for One SCM and the VPC. You will be responsible for driving execution against a number of projects within the global Customer Operations category, where annual expenditure of the wider team is exceeding € 1 B per annum on a global basis. The focus will be on driving significant cost savings and increased measurable value add for Vodafone from appropriate supply chain improvement initiatives addressing both demand side and supply side opportunities.
- Support and lead sourcing projects for the Customer Operations categories
- Ensure the effective use of OneSCM’s supplier capability & performance measurement tools in driving improvement against agreed performance / cost improvement targets
- Contribute and facilitate to exchanges of best practices between members of your peer group in the immediate central function and the operating companies
- Support sourcing activities, launch e-auction/RFPs / RFIs/ RFQs and drive significant cost savings
- Pro-actively engage with the stakeholders all around the Vodafone entities
- Cooperate with the SCM in the local operating companies for the update of spend, savings, as well as reporting
- Develop commercial models for supplier/agency remuneration, create insight on supplier landscape and drive optimisations
- Implement plans and KPIs based upon an accurate assessment of the operational environment, available resources and identified project dependencies.
- Develop negotiation strategies in accordance with the agreed procurement models for these activities.
- Work in an Agile way being part of cross-category and cross-company projects
It would be nice if you have…
- Team player qualities
- Affinity to commercial negotiations
- C2 General
- Appreciates challenges and working in an international team
- Fluency in English, and German or Italian is required
You must have…
- A University degree. Master degree preferred
- The ability to consult with local markets and provide specialist advice on how to improve their business model
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to draw insights from a large volume of diverse data
- Experience in negotiating Contact Centre Services contracts and commercial models
- Effective communication skills with colleagues and stakeholders
- Excellent and fluent English skills – written and spoken (work language)
What’s in it for you?
- Further your career within a multinational company
- Gain Knowledge of Global Procurement.
- Develop strong negotiation and communication skills.
- The ability to lead, develop and motivate a complex virtual team, and ensure the successful delivery of financial targets
- 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus 11 public holidays
- Flexible working
- State pension matching scheme of up to 8%
- 5 paid days leave for charity projects
- Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning
- Voluntary AXA Health Insurance
- Voluntary AXA Pension Scheme
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too.