Savvy Mobility, a product by Losch Digital Lab S.à r.l., is a state-of-the-art On Demand Mobility Platform for cities and operators to run flexible transport. Savvy is the main initiative of Losch Group in Luxembourg to provide technology for pooled and sustainable transport. Our IT and project team is in Luxembourg and Oporto and manages hundreds of vehicles for clients throughout Europe.
To increase our impact on the market, we are looking for a
Senior Backend Engineer (Luxembourg – fulltime)
What is the role
- Develop and maintain our robust, reliable, and extendable core backend system in a leading capacity of the engineering team
- Take ownership of core features and functionality and contribute actively and critically to the technology and architecture choices of our backend
- Translate clients’ requests into tangible features of our SaaS platform
- Engage with key accounts on major rollouts, analyse their needs, and coordinate with the team regarding necessary development
- Be the main person of contact internally and externally regarding the backend and possible adaptions and integrations through our interfaces
- Work with and mentor junior developers by evangelizing good practises
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience as a developer
- You have a proven track record of leading and mentoring a team
- You have worked for a SaaS company or technology start-up, ideally in the mobility sector and with experience in system integration in-house or together with partner companies
- You bring a solid understanding of software architecture
- You are an expert of rest APIs, Java, and SQL
- Your natural focus falls on clean code and automated testing
- Having strong project management skills, you are a team worker with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You are fluent in English, understanding German is highly valued
- Any other European language is a further plus, NB. French or Dutch.
What you will be working on
The Savvy backend is the Java server application. It handles communication between other services in our SaaS platform (Optimization Engine, GIS server, Driver App, Rider App, and Admin UI), manages the Postgres database, and implements the core functionality and customer specific business logic.
The backend has a layered architecture with clear separation of concerns, a focus on clean code and automated tests and has been developed following software development best practices over the last four years.
We use the following technologies, working knowledge of which is valued but not required if you have transferable skills and are eager to learn:
- Infrastructure: Docker, Gitlab, Ansible
- Frameworks / tools: Play Framework, Spring boot, Ebean
- Dev environment: Linux, IntelliJ, GIt
- Frontend: Typescript, React, React Native, Android, Kotlin.
What is Savvy?
Savvy is all about pooling and our mission make sure that no vehicle runs emptier than it should. For that we have built a turnkey software to run demand-responsive transport consisting of a powerful real-time booking and dispatching algorithm, a versatile passenger app, an intuitive driver app, a configurable admin panel backend for operators and dispatchers, as well as a web-booking frontend.
At Savvy, we are driven by the following values:
- Sustainability: United in our passion for innovative technology, we work for a more sustainable world and an efficient and inclusive use of resources in transport
- Respect: We live a culture of mutual respect and tolerance at the workplace
- Communication: We overcommunicate and actively ask for information and constructive feedback. This is how we get most out of a diverse, international and partially remote team
- Team: When we succeed, we do so as team and when we fail, we fail as a team. But we embrace failure as a part of innovation and always strive to learn together
- Success: Our effort goes into making our clients successful through our solutions as the best guarantee of our own success. We celebrate every success
- Efficiency: As a company providing state-of-the-art optimisation, we strive to continuously improve the cost basis of our solutions and apply synergies with partners where possible. We ensure no vehicle runs emptier than it should.
What do we offer
- At Savvy, we work towards an optimised utilization of resources through technology and data. And we walk the talk by tracking the environmental, social, and economic impact we have on our clients. Furthermore, we actively foster the use of public transport within our team and voluntarily offset the net carbon emissions of our business activities
- You will have a unique possibility to shape the future of mobility and become a crucial part in how Savvy contributes to it
- Our team is small but talented where everybody has an important degree of responsibility while colleagues are always approachable to help out
- We invest in our team members’ growth with a dedicated training budget for skills to remain state-of-the-art and your curiosity served
- We hold regular in person workshops and team activities to nurture our company culture across the different locations of the team
- We provide clear career paths and define challenging yet feasible goals that will allow you to grow into your next professional role
- Competitive salary and flexible employment in Kockelscheuer (LU), Oporto (PT) and the option to work remotely