The Laboratoire national de santé (Luxembourg public institution) is recruiting a Scientific Project Manager (m/f) for the Department of Microbiology in a full time position (40h/week) with a permanent contract.
About the Laboratoire national de santé
The “Laboratoire national de santé” (LNS) is a public institution under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg. LNS is organized as a multidisciplinary institute and supported by a professional services team, the LNS includes four scientific departments in the fields of medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine, and health protection, in addition to hosting the National Center of Pathology and the National Center of Genetics. The LNS is based at Dudelange, with state of the art, modern infrastructure in line with recent developments in medical sciences.
The department of microbiology offers reference laboratory activities in partnership with various other public and private laboratories in the country. The department is nominated as National Reference Laboratory for Acute Respiratory Infections. At the same time, it works closely together with the Ministry of Health and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).
The project manager is responsible for planning and overseeing projects within our department, from the initial conception through to completion. The mission is to coordinate within the department and with external partners in order to deliver projects on time and within budget. The project manager also acts as a point of contact between the project team and senior management. The appointee will provide scientific and academic expertise; support the expanding portfolios of the Department of Microbiology including research grants and EU grants. Another key part of this mission constitutes anticipate risks which may impact successful delivery of projects and mitigate them.
- Proven track record of coordinating program grant applications
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing international projects (previous management of EU funded projects would be an asset)
- Extensive experience in budgeting and budget management skills
- Strong and proactive monitoring of the assigned tasks
- Rigor, motivation, scientific creativity and originality
- Excellent writing skills, conciseness, sense of priority and ability to work with others
- Exceptional scientific integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Languages skills: excellent command of English and French, additional knowledge of German would be considered as a strong asset
- Assist Department Head and initiate grant applications that comply with the mission of the LNS
- Coordinate with the department scientific officer and contribute to the scientific strategy of the various research departments, take part in the strategic planning of research units, participating and supporting the administration.
- Partner closely with business and strategy partners to analyse new projects and assess readiness for governance decisions.
- Gain a deep understanding of the strategic direction and intellectual developments of the department of Microbiology projects and research portfolio, and its impact on other national and international research areas
- Ensure the follow-up of portfolio and project budget in liaison with finance and direction
- Provide key support and initiative to the departments in multi-site grants applications and multi-center applications to the EU commission, as is relevant to the mission of the department of Microbiology.
- Provide comprehensive data analysis, creation of project documentation, and coordination of teams.
- Contribute to the LNS large scientific project and scientific research branding as defined in the mission: presentation to potential partners and liaising and interacting with members of other research institutions
The above list is not exhaustive and further tasks could be added according to the needs of the department.
If you meet the above profile requirements and wish to apply, please send your application (CV, letter of intent and copies of your degrees) by clicking on the application button below.
Applications will be processed in order of arrival. The utmost confidentiality will be granted to each application.