BIOLOGIST CYTOGENETICS (M/F) – REF ° 21600
The Laboratoire national de santé (Luxembourg public institution)is recruiting an experienced Biologist cytogenetics (m/f) Ref ° 21600 for a full time (40 h/week) role and a permanent contract at the National Center of Genetics in Cytogenetics
The “Laboratoire national de santé” (LNS) is a public institution under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg. LNS is organized as a multidisciplinary institute and supported by a professional services team, the LNS includes four scientific departments in the fields of medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine, and health protection, in addition to hosting the National Center of Pathology and the National Center of Genetics.
The LNS is based at Dudelange, with state of the art, modern infrastructure in line with recent developments in medical sciences. Its objective is to develop scientific and analytical expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis, and monitoring of human diseases. Its ultimate mission is to serve patients and citizens and offer excellence in health care.
The National Center of Genetics (NCG), at the Laboratoire National de Santé, is responsible for human genetic care in Luxembourg. One of the goals of the NCG is to build up genomic medicine and precision oncology, using a state of the art sequencing facility, and to provide high-level health care to the Luxembourgish population. The NCG is a major stakeholder of two national public health programs: the Plan National Maladie Rare and the Plan National Cancer.
The Cytogenetics team is involved in prenatal diagnosis of chromosomal anomalies and responsible for cytogenetics analysis on prenatal samples with several techniques (CGH-array, FISH, QF-PCR, Karyotyping) as in postnatal context to diagnose developmental disorders, fertility problems (Karyotyping, CFTR, microdeletion of Y).
One of the main parts of our activities is prenatal screening of chromosomal anomalies through NIPT using a the full-automated Veriseq V2 solution. We are also working in close collaboration with the medical biochemistry unit in respect of the neonatal screening of cystic fibrosis.
- Participating in the daily management of the laboratory
- Drafting of clinical cytogenetics and molecular genetic reports
- Optimizing existing methods and developing new ones
- Participation in the development and maintenance of a quality system based on (ISO 15189)
- Participating in external quality control trials
- Training and supervision of technicians
- Participating in clinical staff meetings at National Center of Genetics and in other multidisciplinary meetings (prenatal …)
- Possibility to participate in the development of research projects and applying scientific knowledge in expanding the diagnostic and research portfolio of the NCG
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- PhD / Master in Genetics or other similar qualification in clinical genetics
- Previous significant working experience in a diagnostic cytogenetics laboratory is mandatory
- (several years)
- Experience in interpretation of different cytogenetics analysis (conventional karyotyping, CGH-array, FISH )
- Experience in drafting clinical reports
- Fluent in English. Working proficiency in French. Luxembourgish is an asset
OTHER JOB RELATED SKILLS
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- Ability to work in a team, good communications skills
- High commitment and strong interest in constitutional cytogenetics
- Proficiency with a LIMS system
- Experience with quality (ISO 15189)
WE OFFER YOU
- A dynamic unit in full expansion and developing new activities at request of its stakeholders
- An international and multidisciplinary environment
- Attractive remuneration taking into account your personal requirements
- An intensive introduction to the methods of molecular genetics or haematological cytogenetics
- Attractive remuneration package
- Individual development and regular opportunities for further education and training
If you meet the above profile requirements and wish to apply, please send your application (CV, letter of intent and copies of your degrees) by clicking on the application button below.
Applications will be processed in order of arrival. The utmost confidentiality will be granted to each application.