Head of Legal Office - MG0622 (m/f)
Published on 09/08/2022
LIH - Luxembourg Institute of Health
- Rue Thomas Edison
Head of Legal Office
The Head of Legal Office is responsible for the day-to-day management of the legal office whose mission is to provide legal services to the institution to ensure maximum protection of its legal rights and maintain its operations within the limits described by law. S/he provides, in a timely manner, consultation and support to all LIH Staff on a comprehensive range of legal and associated issues, including: regulatory compliance, intellectual property, contracts and grant agreements review, research misconduct, business development and other legal issues affecting the LIH.
- Provide advice and counsel on various legal, regulatory, compliance and administrative issues related to all of LIH’s activities, including, but not limited to research, intellectual property, business development, procurement and operations.
- Review all contracts, research projects, leases and other legal documents, in a timely manner, and prepare written opinions on a wide variety of legal issues.
- Draft and review, regulations, bylaws, memoranda, legal opinions, correspondence and other legal documents.
- Provide support for the preparation of Board of Directors meetings.
- Manage, supervise and develop the Legal Office team around LIH’s mission, goals, and vision.
- Promote an environment of knowledge sharing and retention of legal knowledge.
- Build partnerships with colleagues and homologues within the Luxembourgish research community
- Select and set up collaborations with external legal providers to obtain legal opinions or to handle claims and litigation when needed and supervise their work.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Law with a working experience of minimum five (5) years in managing a Legal Office, ideally specialized in life/biomedical sciences/biotech/pharma company or a public/academic research entity active in the biomedical area.
- Strategic thinking moving fluidly between the big picture and details, bringing pragmatism to LIH’s mission.
- Able to gain credibility with clients by consistently delivering an outstanding work product and legal counsel in a timely fashion.
- Hands-on approach to the provision of legal services and to serve clients at all levels of the LIH.
- Excellent listening and communication skills with people from different cultural backgrounds, team spirit.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work environments
- Language skills: excellent written and spoken knowledge of English and French; German and another EU language skills would be an advantage.
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Work hours: Full time
- Location: Strassen
- Start date: ASAP
- Ref: VD/HLO0622/MG/GEN LEG
HOW TO APPLY
Applications including a cover letter and a curriculum vitae should be sent before 31 July 2022 through our website via the apply button below. Please apply ONLINE formally through this web page. Applications by email will not be considered.