ETL Specialist - (2100005P) (m/f)
KPMG Luxembourg combines our multi-disciplinary approach with deep, practical industry knowledge to help clients meet challenges and respond to opportunities. As a leading consulting firm with more than 1,700 employees and more than 70 nationalities in Luxembourg, we know that our strength and capability come from our people, their experiences, culture and backgrounds.
KPMG Luxembourg is looking for forward-thinking and passionate people to make a difference to our clients, people and communities. To support our growth, we are currently looking for one ETL Specialist.
The Role and Responsibilities
KPMG is looking for passionate people who will be able to leverage their knowledge to transform the way technology supports organizations to increase their performance and maximize their value. Doing so, you will automate business processes, support identification of process optimization opportunities and provide input on infrastructure set-ups, mainly in the financial and corporate sectors.
You will have the ability to grow quickly in a challenging and fast-moving environment, where you will be given significant responsibilities but also the opportunity to contribute your ideas to support our clients in their innovation strategy and their search for operational excellence.
This is a challenging role, which requires a highly motivated individual who is analytical, organized, proactive, assertive and able to demonstrate drive with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. This is an excellent opportunity to progress in your career and join a leading global advisory firm.
The role and responsibilities
The ETL Specialist will be part of the Data Team overseeing a range of data-related functions to ensure data integrity through the review and enhancement of database integrations. The successful candidate will work closely with software/data engineers ensuring reliability of the data mapping and integrations to/from internal and external application systems.
As an ETL Specialist, your main missions will be to:
- Translate business and functional requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture
- Define, implement, operate, and tune ETL/ELT processes
- Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, SQL job scripts
- Design/review ETL process job chain finding root cause of job failure and resolving performance issues
- Design/review data tables to enhance performance of data integrations
- Debug and resolve the issues for complex SQL job scripts
- Perform unit testing and prepare unit test documents for the load run to ensure reliability
- Ability to support the development of system and data quality documentation, standards, and procedures (e.g., data and business rules catalog)
- Work in agile environment with the technical team
The perfect candidate:
- Studies in Computer Science or related technical discipline field
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience
- Hands-on experience developing ETL using data integration tools (e.g. Informatica, SQL Server, CloverDX)
- Strong experience gathering requirements from end users and translating to functional specifications
- Strong experience with Business Intelligence tools from the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Strong experience with T- SQL
- Strong experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by SSIS Services
- Strong experience with master data management process, data modelling, and data mapping documentation
- Experienced in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server
- Experience with Vb.NET and C# experience, used in Script Tasking in SSIS to control flow of SSIS packages
- Experience implementing incremental Load for SSIS packages
- Experience identifying/resolving ETL issues and producing root cause analysis documentation
- Experience drafting ETL specifications, developing complex ETL mappings, strategic error handling in ETL projects
- Experience with dimensional models and tabular cube development
- Knowledge in Microsoft Azure services and components (e.g., Data Lake, ADF)
- Knowledge of data catalog tools such as Collibra, Alation, Informatica, Purview, Talend, etc.
- Speak fluently English, French/Luxembourgish/German are considered an asset.
If your profile fits the above description, send us your CV and cover letter.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize KPMG to transmit and store your information in the KPMG recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
KPMG is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on your experience and skills.