QHSSE Advisor International Projects (Belgium/Luxemburg based)
Jan De Nul Group is a market leader in dredging and marine works as well as a specialised provider of services for the offshore market of oil, gas and renewables. The Group is also a major player in civil engineering, environmental and brownfield development projects. To support this variety in activities, we are looking for QHSSE Advisors, based at our offices in Aalst or Luxemburg.
In this role, you manage quality, health, safety, security and environmental matters in prequalification, tender and early start-up stage for different projects. You strive to balance between compliance with our Jan De Nul Group management systems, client requirements and (local) legislation.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Evaluate the QHSSE risks related to your project, and assist the Project Manager in achieving SMART objectives. Prepare and chair internal and external risk workshops.
- Prepare project specific documents (QHSSE implementation plan, emergency response plan, inspection and test plan) and support the project team during the execution phase.
- Provide / Facilitate QHSSE trainings, explain and promote our Jan De Nul Group integrated management system / ITA philosophy to the client and (sub)contractors.
- Improve and promote the Jan De Nul Group management system based on your experience and the feedback from your projects.
- Facilitate & conduct QHSSE audits and Inspections to assess potential suppliers and subcontractors (based on inspections and audits) and assist in their selection.
- You hold a master's degree in a technical or science discipline (construction or mechanics) or a master in prevention and environmental management. You are proficient in MS Office. Fluent in English is a must, additional languages are a plus.
- You have 3 years project experience. As we work in different continents, you preferably worked abroad. You are willing to travel 10% of your time to attend meetings or provide project support.
- You are result-driven, have a proactive nature and the ability to prioritize and plan effectively in order to meet specific deadlines, along with a confident, meticulous and professional attitude.
- You have a practical and hands-on approach and continuously try to communicate, coach and guide people. You have a problem-solving mind-set and a strong sense of self-initiative in order to improve the working culture and deliver a high quality standard on time.
- You’re a dynamic team player that can work in a no-nonsense international business environment.
- We look forward to welcome someone who has a pragmatic approach and who can motivate both our clients, our employees in the field and the project management. Your work is accurate and methodical, yet creativity and passion are indispensable to the job as well.
What we offer
- Through the JDN-Academy, we offer you a permanent training trajectory, starting with a 4 to 5-week training.
- A caring culture: our FIT-programme allows us to monitor your well-being. The programme is centred around exercise, food and a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to make a difference together with your colleagues and to distinguish yourself through your creativity, innovation and durability.
- By assembling multidisciplinary teams tailor-made for each project, we aim at always having the right person in the right place.