INTRASOFT International, a leading European IT solutions provider, is seeking a professional to cover the following opening:
ORACLE DBA (M/F)
- 850 MS SQL databases under 85 servers,
- 197 Oracle servers and each server hosts only one instance,
- 670 Sybase databases under 74 servers and
- 97 MySQL databases under 15 servers.
- Virtualised environment
- Backup via NetBackup
You will be joining a DBA team as back-up. The role of the backup person is key to the service as it guarantees the continuity of service to the client by replacing the main DBAs during leaves or when they dedicate their time to specific projects.
As Back up, you will have to support the main DBA team members in the following activities and responsibilities based on ITIL best practices:
- Participate in problem, change, release, configuration and capacity management
- Troubleshoot incidents and provide second and third level support for the database servers built on physical and VMWare virtual environments and architectures.
- Technical documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
- Work as required on the evolution, design, implementation, management, administration and support of the customer's Database Management Systems along with coordination of transversal IT projects
- Coordinate major deployments in database server areas such as upgrades to new versions, yearly patching campaigns, etc...
- 7 year of experience in the management of Oracle DBA production environment in a team of at least 5 DBAs.
- Strong experience in managing at least 100 servers and DBs
- Strong knowledge in:
- Oracle 12c and Oracle 19
- Performance monitoring and trouble shooting
- Back-up/restore (Netbackup is a plus)
- Installation and configuration of new servers and databases
- Management of db in virtual environment
- Redhat Linux 7
- Unix scripting
You might have...
At least one of the following additional skill is a plus as the expert may have to provide on call support or participate in the first level maintenance on the following technologies:
- Azure DevOps / Ansible / Python for CI/CD automation
- Scripting skills (Unix shells for Oracle/MySQL, SAP/Sybase)
- MySQL 7.5
- MS SQL 2012, 2019
- SAP ASE / IQ
Your personal skills...
- Professional IT certifications related to Database Administration,
- Experience in management and support, ITIL foundation (minimum),
- Interpersonal skills, active listening and customer care
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to emergency changes
- Practice of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Fluent in English, optional: English
- Capability to run a project related to database installation and management
- Good interpersonal skills
For information regarding our company, current projects, and openings around Europe, please consult our website: www.intrasoft-intl.com.
Please submit your CV in English. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential