Internship as Composite Materials & Advanced Manufacturing
GRADEL develops ultralightweight structures, components, brackets for different industrial fields. We support the customers all over the projects: from the definition of the specification up to the installation and operation of the equipment. This activity is in strong development.
GRADEL hosts permanently 2 to 3 trainees in its engineering office. We are looking for a student in composite materials & advanced manufacturing process with following profile requirements:
- Master’s internship
- Study with orientation on composite materials and process
- Good knowledge in materials science and good skills in R&D
- Knowledge in destructive and non-destructive testing is considered as an asset
- Practical approach, problem solving, undertaking relevant research
- Knowledge about composite production processes, calibration and optimization
- Possess analytical skills, organisational skills, confidence, attention to the detail
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to work independently, good team player, teamworking skills,
- Language skills: fluent in English/French or English/German (written and oral). A third language (French or German) is considered as an asset.
- undertaking relevant research and own technical knowledge
- developing, modifying, testing and evaluating composite materials
- production process calibration and optimization
- providing technical advice about the suitability of materials and their sustainability
- development and diagnosing faults
- development of maintenance and repairs process
- overseeing, calibration and development of operational quality control processes
- advising on, planning and organising inspections,
- liaising with suppliers, customers and manufacturing/development staff
We offer a position in an innovative and creative environment with strong relationships with suppliers and other departments of the company (Engineering, Supply-chain, Assembly, Finance). The trainee will be integrated in the structural ultralightweight department. The position is based Hautcharage, Luxembourg.
If you are interested in taking this challenging opportunity and wish to take part actively to our future development, please send your application (cover letter + CV).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The information you provide will be treated confidentially and will only be disclosed to employees involved in the recruitment process. The selected candidate will be requested to provide a criminal record.