Senior Credit Risk Officer #171834
Your field of responsibility
A challenging and diverse role as Senior Credit Officer in the Credit Risk Management (CRM) team of Credit Suisse Luxembourg. The successful candidate will cover within the CRM team standard and non-standard credit transactions mainly focusing on transactions secured by mortgages on properties located in France
In this role you will perform credit analysis, make decisions on own authority or prepare requests for credit approval by higher authority on structuring of complex Mortgage credits (prime residential RE and commercial RE in France) and where necessary support the team on standard and structured Lombard transactions booked on the Lux platform – fully in line with applicable credit policies and risk appetite of the bank. Depending on the credit type your analysis will include detailed assessment of the counterparty and its financial situation, financing/borrowing structure, collateral, property and legal documentation. You will also handle the setup of the transaction structure and limits in the credit system and ensure life time monitoring incl. performance reviews and waiver requests.
In your day to day work you will liaise with relevant partners within Credit Suisse group such as relationship managers, structuring team, finance / treasury, local management, legal, functional management and other credit risk management teams within the group. You may also act as subject matter expert within projects such as new business initiatives or regulatory driven changes and supervise junior credit analysts.
Your future colleagues
The CRM department handles the credit risk for a fast growing and complex loan book composed of Private Banking (Lombard and Mortgage Lending), Corporates and Financial Institutions (investment funds) counterparties.
We are a diverse and international team of experienced professionals with a collaborative spirit, ensuring flawless review, approval and execution of credit transactions, timely reporting and supporting the international wealth management growth strategy.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
The successful candidate will convince us with:
- Broad credit experience, with sound skills in Mortgage and Structured Lombard business, Corporate Lending knowledge would be considered a plus – minimum of 5 years credit experience
- Solid knowledge of French prime residential and commercial real estate market
- University degree (or business school), preferably in Finance or Economics
- Very good understanding of financial products (all asset classes including derivatives) and financial analysis, ability to assess complex financing structures and contractual set-ups
- Experienced user of MS Office tools, open to new system environments
- High risk awareness and solution oriented mentality with attention to detail
- ·Strong communication/negotiation skills with the capability to deal with a large variety of partners and present complex matters to Senior Management
- Hands-on mentality and ability to work independently and systematically, take ownership and be persistent
- Proficiency in English and preferably in French / German or another Western European language (Italian/Portuguese)
- Positive approach with high dedication to produce deliverables of high and consistent quality, often within tight deadlines
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Interested? We will be delighted to receive you application! Please join us by applying via our online career portal!
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.