Compliance Onboarding Specialist #196448
Your field of responsibility
You will participate to the Compliance Control Unit activities for the Private Bank and for the Depository Bank. You will ensure that the onboarding of new clients is made in compliant manner with the Bank standards and local regulations.
You will participate to onboarding process of any new clients by reviewing and approving the completeness and accuracy of the CDD documentation and the AML KYC assessment performed by the Client Facing Employee. You will assess the plausibility of the SoW-SoF of the clients and the relevance of the corroborative documentation. You will assess the tax compliance status of the prospects. You will assess and confirm the risk score of the prospects. You will provide advice to Client Facing Employees and the 1st Line of Defense, support general Compliance activities in relation to the Compliance Control Unit.
Your future colleagues
The Compliance Control Unit team is a small team and we operate in a fast-paced environment.
Therefore, we are looking for a dedicated team member with a high amount of flexibility to complement our forward-thinking and committed team, whose passion and specific expertise guarantee and exciting working environment, as well as growth opportunities and flexible / agile working arrangements.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
Based on your past experience you have gained strong professional knowledge in the AML scope. You are specifically able to demonstrate the following:
- A university degree or an equivalent education in Business Administration, Finance or Law
- At least 5 years of KYC/AML/CDD experience in Private Banking/Wealth Management/Funds
- Excellent knowledge of Luxembourg AML framework
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English. Other language skills a plus
- Sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Proven ability to build good relationship with business stakeholders with excellent communication skills and ability to deliver pragmatic compliance advice
- Team-player who is committed to service delivery perfection and always has the bank and clients' best interests in mind
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.